Macklemore says a lot of things in his songs, and today we are going to pick out some of the things he is trying to say.
Hello Fellow Chimps! I hope you doing well! Now, I’ve been listening to music lots lately and I realised that in this song – Growing Up – there is quite a bit of meaning in there. Macklemore and Ryan Lewis sung the song. with help from pop singer, Ed Sheeran. I went and wrote down all the things the singers (and rappers!) were saying, and I present them to you today. Most of the things in here are mainly advice and opportunities you should take. Now, without further ado – let’s get into it!
- It’s okay to cry, and not always be strong.
- Girls can be tough too.
- Mum’s don’t have to raise the kids at home, she can raise them anywhere.
- Make things that you can look back and be proud of.
- Don’t live in FaceTime.
- Give back to the community that raised you.
- Read Langston Hughes (The artists suggest “A Raisin in the Sun”)
- Listen to Sam Cooke
- If you work hard, good things will come to you.
- You don’t have to change the world to be special or important.
- Do something that you love and do it for the rest of your life.
- Another book recommendation: “The Alchemist”
- Listen to your teachers.
- Cheat in Calculus 😏.
- Tell the truth – no matter the outcome.
- Give your mum a compliment every day.
- Take your guy/girl to the prom (and try not to get too drunk).
- Don’t wake your mum up.
- Do Yoga.
- Learn about Karma
- Find God however, leave the Dogma.
- Learn to be selfless.
- Ask questions.
- Try not to talk about yourself lots.
- Study David Bowie
- Watch a sunset from a rooftop with your friends.
- Wear a helmet
- Don’t be stupid
- Jaywalk – but make sure you look before you do it.
- Go outside when it snows.
- Go to festivals.
- Go camping.
- Fall in love and dance together.
- You’re only young once.
- Take risks.
Well, there you go! I hoped you liked it. If you’ve already done something from the list, let me know in the comments because I really love to hear from all my readers! Make sure to share this post, with your friends and family – or if you know someone who likes the song, send it to them! That’s basically all from me so:
Until Next Time,
Be Free, Be Chimps! 👐