I’ve recently been digging this new app called Cook where you create your own cook book and store all your recipes in it, as well as being able to see other’s recipes. One of my most favourite recipes was a chocolate chip cookie recipe, then I added it to my cookbook with a twist. I hope you like these cookies!
15 minutes preparation time, 20 minutes cooking time. Makes: 22 (approx.)
- 125 Grams Margarine/Butter
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 Cup Self-Raising Flour
- 1 Cup Plain Flour
- 1 (or 2, depending on how much you like) Packets of Chocolate Chips.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius (Fan-Forced)
- Grease about two baking trays
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy (A good way to tell when it’s really cream is to get a teaspoon and get a bit of mixture, taste it and if you can feel the grains of sugar, you need to keep mixing)
- Beat the egg in a seperate cup then add the vanilla into the cup and mix well. Once you’ve mixed it add it to the first mixture you created and mix slowly
- Add both types of flour and the chocolate chips in and mix. If you’re using an electric beater, only let it mix the chocolate for about 30 seconds and then mix it by hand as I tried to mix for longer with the electric beater and it almost broke.
- Roll into descent size balls and pop it in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
This recipe would be great for little kids to help out with as they can do lots of exploring with different ingredients and there are no tools that could hurt them (assuming you keep the electric beater away from them)
I usually make two batches of this and it lasts for about a week.
The Cook app was one of the best apps of 2013, won an App Store Editor’s Choice award and you can get it here:
Cook by Cook App Pty Ltd